Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.

Today's post is from a cyber "pen pal" friend. She has had many health issues, and today she posted this:

Pain is inevitable. Misery is optional.

Mom has been telling me that since I was a toddler. I try to live by it. Especially recently. Looking on the positive side of things has become a habit for me. :)
It's very painful for me to eat anything besides liquids and soft things, but hey, I can still eat something. :)
My joints are unexplainably deteriorating, but hey, I can still move. :)
My heart is broken and not healed yet, but hey, I still have a heart. :)
I'm too sick to go out and get a job currently, but hey, I can make crafts at home and sell them online. :)
A lot of people that were close to me have left for various reasons, but hey, they made an impact on me and I'll see some of them again. :)
I've been struggling with gross dreams and not sleeping well, but hey, there are still nights where I sleep perfectly. :)

My problems are nothing. In fact, I see myself as blessed. :) I'm alive. That's the greatest blessing of all. As long as I'm alive, I can help others and make an impact in my world. :) Even if I end up in a wheelchair. Even if I have to have something special put inside of me to fix my small intestine. Even if all of the people I love leave. I will still smile. :) Because I am alive and there will always be chances to help others. As long as I can make someone smile, I'm happy. As long as I can do what I was made to do, I'm happy. :) Misery is optional and it's not an option I feel like choosing. I'll choose to be grateful and positive. :) 


 Pain in life can come from problems, health, money issues, and more. If you choose to find the good in the problems, then misery won't be an option. This doesn't apply to just one person, it applies to us all!

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment