Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Throwback Tuesday: Amy Carmichael


Amy Carmichael is one of the most well-known missionaries. She worked in the city of Belfast for a while, starting a Church for "shawlies". "Shawlies" were women/girls who worked in the mills who didn't have hats to wear to Church. After serving in Ireland for many years, she heard the testimony of Hudson Taylor, which convinced her of her call to be a missionary. She joined the Church missionary society, and served in a few places for short stints of time. Finally she went to India. She served in India for 55 years.


“One can give without loving, but one cannot love without giving” 

2 comments:

  1. I love Amy Carmichael!!! She is my favorite missionary and because of her, I have always dreamed of going to India. When I was young, I read the stories of her saving the young girls just like me. I have wanted to go to India ever since and may get a chance to go with my youth group soon. Because, as God planned it, of course that is the one international trip that my youth group does. Isn't He amazing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful!!!!!! <3 I love hearing stories like that ^_^

      Delete