Monday, February 5, 2018

Eagles versus Patriots: naming John's Jeep

A few weeks ago, I asked John if he ever gave his car a name. He told me he didn't and I said him he should! "Actually I was thinking about it the other day." he replied.

About a week ago, I asked him if he had come up with a name. He hadn't yet. "You should name it something patriotic! It is a Jeep Patriot after all." Then we came up with a bunch of patriotic names.

  • Martha Washington
  • Paul Revere (my personal favorite)
  • George Washington
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Thomas Jefferson
  • Thomas Paine
  • And who knows what else!


Then Moriah "got an idea, a perfectly wonderful, awful idea!" I coerced John into saying yes to my plan. If the Patriots won the Super bowl, he could name his Jeep Patriot. And as I'm from the land of the Jordan-Elbridge Eagles, if the Eagles won, I would name the car.

So Sunday rolled around, and for the first time in my life, I watched a football game from start to finish. 😉


I was feeling pretty confident that I would get to name the car.


I mean look at the score! 


 Then John got happy, because the Patriots were ahead for the first time the entire game it seemed! That's when I thought to myself, wow....


Next thing I knew, the Eagles won!!! Wahoo! Little did John know, that I forgot my ideas for the car and were silently googling them towards the end of the game. 😂

As he drove me home, I asked if I could still name the car and he said yes. So I told him the 4 names I had for it. The Revolutionary War/Patriotic remained a theme.
  • Uncle Sam
  • Lexington (of Concord and Lexington fame)
  • Remington
  • Charleville (A musket the French gave us Patriots in the Revolutionary War)
And drumroll please....






...he picked...






Lexington!!!!



1 comment: