Monday, December 19, 2016

37 days of Christmas: day 19



Christmas has always been such a special time of year to me. When I was young it was a time to see all my family I never got to see during the year. As the years have gone by however, has become more and more about rest. I still see family and we exchange gifts, but I look forward to this time of year as a break from things like college. 

However, probably the greatest thing that has changed as I have gotten older is the focus on Christ. When I was young the presents wrapped up all my attention. Now a days though I find myself getting into the Scriptures and really pulling some meaning out of this very materialistic time of year. This I am thankful for and as I grow older I wonder what more will change about the Christmas season for me. 



Guest post by John Schairer

No comments:

Post a Comment