Friday, April 5, 2013

I've been quiet....

....quiet is good.

The house is quiet right now.

Mom and Dad are grocery shopping; all little sisters are in bed asleep.


I can hear the quite buzz of the computer, the computer keys clickety-clacking, the normal house creaks and the occasional cats.

Sometimes it is what we need.

Simply quiet.

Its been a busy day. I'm exhausted.

And sitting here, I feel God's presence.

That sounds fluffy and all but its true.

Some people feel his presence in music, others through prayer, and still some feel through speakers or even writing.

I always feel God's presence in the quiet.

Recently I felt His presence in the Church nursery:

My Mom and I went to Church with the baby to clean the supply room. I went up to the nursery and played with the baby for a while. Then "SingSingSing" popped into my head and I started singing. I sang for over an hour! I just sang what ever bits and pieces of worship songs came to my head. About 35-45 minutes after singing I stopped, and the baby was quiet; I couldn't hear a sound. It was just me and God. I prayed the first thing that popped into my head. And do you know what?? It was answered.

I sang a for a few more minutes and I prayed again. "God, I know you can do anything, and we are to ask for the unimaginable and with faith it will be done (Matthew 17:20-21 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”), can you help me get my splits by my birthday?"

I haven't gotten my splits, but my birthday isn't here yet. :)

God is with us all the time. 

God is with me now. 

Have a good night's sleep knowing God's near. :) 

4 comments:

  1. i love this! how you are so attentive to God in quietness. It's amazing how much he can speak to us. and how it's all we really need. why do we bother chasing after other things? i don't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sin nature makes us chase things that aren't part of God's plan. At least God is around to help keep us in check. How many people follow your blog?

      Delete
    2. i don't really know. i don't have a follow button and i purposely try not to look and pay attention to it:)

      Delete