Friday, January 3, 2014

My Daddy

 A Poem for my awesome, delightful, handsome Dad. :~)

My Daddy

My tiny fingers reach up to touch my Daddy's beard.
It's rough and scratchy against my face.
He squeezes me and sets me down,
"You'll always be Daddy's little girl."

It's Valentine's Day.
I find a card with a hamster on it.
Inside it says:
"To my Pucka Monster, I love you, Love Daddy."

One day Daddy makes me mad.
I get myself in loads of trouble.
"You are my little girl, and I don't want anything to happen to you."
I cry as I try smile.

A bad day happens, I'm in tears.
He sits down on my bed,
rubs my back, and pats my head.
His quiet love touches my heart.

As I walked into the kitchen, I tease him.
He stops what he's doing to tickle me.
I screech in delight and panic.
His arms enfold me and he hugs me.

I dress up fancy for something special.
He gives me a great bear hug.
"Daddy, you're smushing me."
"I know. That's because you're beautiful."

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"
He comes in the door from work.
Tired and ready for supper.
And happy to get a hug.

"Some day I'll be standing guard."
My Daddy's driving to the store.
"I'll have to beat the boys away.
From my precious girl."

Fancy dress, fancy shoes.
I'm growing up too fast for Daddy.
He slows his day.
He comes over and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

I may not be a baby.
I may not be a child.
I may be a young lady.
I'll always be Daddy's girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment