Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Goal, a Dream, to soon be a Reality

Louisa May Alcott

“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” 



My birthday is April 13th, a little over a month away. 

Since January, I have been more diligent in stretching. I don't always remember to stretch at home, but I have exceed anything I could hope or imagine. I am not the most flexible person, but I can reach farther and bend father than anything before.



I have a goal, a dream, and soon to be a reality, of doing my splits by my birthday. Center, I may never get, as it is the hardest to do, but the others will be realities. 

Yesterday at ballet class, between exercises, I slid into my right split.

3 inches to go.  Just 3 measly inches. So close I wish I could go the rest of the way, but I can't. 

Inspired I went to my left split, 4 inches, just 4. I could barely contain my excitement! 

I figured since my teacher was still working with someone or music (I can't remember which) I would do my center split. I'd say about 12-15 inches to go.

Now you are probably wondering why my goal is my Birthday. I will do my splits on my birthday I just know it. 


In January I had at least 8 inches to go, at least. And my center split was atrocious. Diligence and a passion to get my splits led me to practice, and practice, and PRACTICE! 



I may never be a prima ballerina, dance with a famous company or even meet a star, but I will be able to say:

"I had a goal and I met it!"

C.S. Lewis
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”

No comments:

Post a Comment