Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A late evening episode!

Last night I was sorting laundry in my room. The kids were playing with the neighbor kids. Dad was doing dishes and Mom was putting her feet up. (She sprained it on Saturday). All of a sudden I heard screams, screams are normal but these are screams of fright and distress. I came downstairs to see L-Jo being ushered into the house.

A fox bit my sister.

We called 9-1-1 and they came quickly. This fox had attacked a couple other people but soon the fox's life was disposed off. The 7 year old was hysterical. She always gets hysterical when people get hurt.

The kids were playing outside when a fox bounded up and tried to attack them. T-Tot hit the fox with her balloons and Lil' G was knocked over. The neighbor kids ran away screaming. That's how I knew something was wrong.

L-Jo, Mom, and Dad went to the ER, and she was treated for rabies. She was a little shell shocked but a little trooper. One of the doctors brought in an Ipad and put on Dora so they could give her the shots. All she did was say "Ow".

Grandpa came bearing lifesaver peppermints and stayed with us girlies. After we showered the girls down, we enjoyed watching Parent Trap and put them to bed. I stayed up until 1:00, but couldn't stay alert so I headed off to bed. They literally got home 5 minutes after I went to bed.

L-Jo is doing fine and currently watching Hello Dolly. Laundry is awaiting, so I bid adieu. :)


4 comments:

  1. oh, I hope your sister is okay. My daughter first year was in the hospital. Not what you think. She so how got hurt every holiday. I don't know how she did it but she's a healthy 13 year old

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so scary! I'm so glad she's okay.

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete