Thursday, August 15, 2013

Who knows what Saturday is?

Who knows what Saturday is?

The 1 year anniversary of Home on the Erie Canal!

Remember the very first post?

 
School year is coming. Public schoolers face it in dread, homeschoolers rejoice; unless they did school all summer! :~) We got our school books this week. I was technically going to start this week, just doing Latin and French. That said, I've been busy. Never got it done. My goal is next week!

This is my first year of high school. Feels like I just started in 3rd or something. My one sister is in 1st grade! She has her new books, and is ready to go. Another is in preschool. How did they get to be SO big? This school year will be very different from previous years. I will have a little sister soon. Any day in fact. I have never done school with a new born, 3-6 month sister, yes. But NEVER one this little.


Homeschooling Myths I want to clear up!
1. Many people think homeschoolers get a pass to do NOTHING. That is not true. We do just as much work. This year I have enough books to choke a horse. :~)
2. They also think they wear skirts NON-STOP. I do, 95% of the time, my choice, my Mom and sisters where shorts more often.
3. Homeschooler's live in the middle of NOWHERE. Nope, I live 20 minutes away form at least 2, maybe 3, Walmart's! I live in a small town. Not exactly the wilderness.
4. This myth is NONSENSE. Homeschooler's do school in jammies! Well it is not exactly nonsense. We do, occasionally. :~) I don't. I can't be in my jammies that long. Especially since A) I do it in the afternoon, and B) I can't go to the library or anything.

Don't dread school, it is the best thing since sliced bread!!


Wow! I think I've improved a bit. I may not post as frequently, but I think they are better. :) 

To celebrate I shall post a list of 100 things homeschoolers love. :)

Watch for Saturday!!!!!!!!!! :~D 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Moriah! :) I loved the homeschooling myths, it's true that people think them.

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete