Friday, September 27, 2013

A Journey of Becoming a Young Woman of Faith - #3 Big Sister


Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14

You are a super hero, a role model, a leader. If you have any siblings, cousins, or kids in your life you are a super hero, a role model, a leader. Those kids are watching you as if their life depended on it. And in a way their lives depend on it because they look up to you. Let me tell you a little story: When I was about 6-7 I spent a bit of time with my best friend. She had an older brother & an older sister and I thought they were the best. Fast forward 8 years....in the past 4 years I got 4 sisters. For me the roles are reversed, now I'm the one who is being looked up to. 4 little eyes are watching me constantly. Letting all that I do be done in love feels nearly impossible some days. Sometimes, to be honest, I fall short. As we are all sinners, we all do this. Sometimes we don't feel like we have hope to keep trying to everything in love. You are wrong....God can help us! You are probably thinking you know that, and so do I, but we all need constant reminders. As I am writing this my favorite picture of my sisters in my room is sitting on a Bible commentary for the Corinthians. Did you know this verse is so simple, so clear cut, that they don't elaborate on it at all? How can a simple command be so difficult? To be honest, I have no clue.

So today I have a REALLY difficult challenge for you. Let all that you do be done in love. Go about your day with a smile on your face & let all that you do be done in love. Help your Mom & let all that you do be done in love. Play with the kids in your life & let all that you do be done in love. Try to refrain from snapping, getting angry, and ignoring the kids. Let all that you do today be done in love. You may think I'm a little "stern", but I'm doing the same. Set goals for yourself, and let ALL that you do be done in love. Ask God for help and let him guide to so you can do everything in love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment