Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Love

We are messy. Our hearts are messy, our lives are messy, our possessions can be, too.

But none of that matters. We have God.


He's too mighty, too powerful, too marvelous, too perfect, to understand or comprehend.

We are all messy. We all have messed up hearts, messed up lives, messed up motives, messed up love.


Our love is miniscule compared to God's. His is everlasting, ours is transient.

Jeremiah 31:3
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you."

The Lord who made the Heavens and the earth loves us??

And he continues his faithfulness to us??


We are nothing. He is everything. And we treat him as if it was the other way around. We treat others as if it was the other way around.

Our lives are fleeting on this earth. We are born, we live, we die. All within about a century.

In Sunday school we are going on a trip through the Bible to refresh our memories of what the Bible is all about.

My teacher was pointing out that in the beginning of Genesis in chapter 5 it talks about how long the person lived and then he died. Our lives are short.

So I want to challenge all of you.

1st Corinthians 13:4-8
 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it dies not rejoice at wrong doing but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.





In the next few weeks I'm going to be focusing on my family, prayer, and my relationship with God. I love my family, I love praying and learning more about God but I've been doing it wrong.

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good, acceptable and perfect.

I'm "breaking away" from the worlds ideas. I want to treat God, my family and friends as if they were Kings and Queens.

If God can show us everlasting love why can't I do the same?

It will be hard. It will be tough. I will want to give up, but the world needs to see God's love overflow in our lives as Christians.


So I challenge you: what ever you need to do to accomplish this, do it! If you need to limit computer, limit movies, limit alone time, what ever you need, do it!

Philippians 2:4
Each of you should look not only to your own interests but also the interests of others.

For me, I'm going to limit my online time to 2 hours a day for the next week. Unless I'm using it for school work or research, my time limit is going to be 2 hours. I'm going to take the extra time and start being there for my sisters, becoming a young woman that God desires me to be, spreading God's love, and being a servant to my friends and family. I'm also going to spend that time delving into God's word and praying.


Matthew 5:14
In the same way let your light shine before others so that the may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.


Join me! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment