Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Short Story #2

 *All stories are fiction for friends. Any resemblance to people, places, or events are purely coincidental!

Wedding Planning



1 Corinthians 13:5b
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful.


February 1st, Dear Diary, Being engaged makes me the happiest girl in the world! Travis and I shall start picking out colors, so we can pick out the ties for the groomsmen, dresses for the bridesmaids, and my wedding dress! I set up an date next week to go shopping. I think Selah and Sarah shall be coming along. I'm planning on asking them to be my bridesmaids. Oh, I love planning! I can't wait to start picking out flours and decorations!

February 2nd, Dear Diary, I'm trying to be irritable right now, but Travis had to work late tonight so he couldn't come over to discuss the color scheme. I'm absolutely certain he'll love the colors I picked out, sea foam green and turquoise. Plus other sea themed things like starfishes, sea shells, and fish. It would be so cute to have bowls of gold fish on the reception tables! I have to wait and see what Travis says though. It's so hard to wait!

February 3rd, Dear Diary, I saw Travis today, yet it completely slipped my mind to talk to him about the color scheme. After running errands, and babysitting kids, I'm ready for an early bedtime. I kinda wish I had an engagement ring to prove I'm engaged. Travis didn't have enough money to get one, so I must wait. 

February 4th, Dear Diary, I called Travis today, and we decided to get together tomorrow to discuss wedding plans. He was so sweet, he texted me today and said "You my dear Kelsie are more precious than gold!" I showed it to Selah and Sarah, and they said he is definitely a keeper. He is so sweet, kind, and ready to do anything for me, and I for him.

February 5th, Dear Diary, I am so furious with Travis right now. He doesn't like the color scheme I picked out for our wedding. I've been dreaming of a turquoise, sea foam, and sea themed wedding since I was a little girl. I don't know what to do. I should compromise but I'm too angry with him to do so at this moment. I am trying my hardest not to insist on my own way, but I'm failing miserably. Oh, what am I going to do? How can I face him after this argument? 

February 6th, Dear Diary, Travis called me a couple times, and texted a couple times. I ignored him. I don't feel like compromising right now. He's always picture his wedding with royal blue, and I am not too sure about that. It's just not like what I have dreamed of. Thankfully we already agreed on the style for my wedding dress. Tomorrow I'll be going out with Selah and Sarah to pick out my dress. I'm trying to feel excited, but I still feel blue. Royal blue to be exact.

February 7th, Dear Diary, I'm so excited! I've found the dress of my dreams! It is a soft white, with a dropped waist, and crystals all over the bodice, with a matching pattern on the hem. Travis will think I'm drop-dead gorgeous. Speaking of Travis, I finally got the gumption to call him back. We calmly discussed are thoughts on the matter. Thankfully he understood how I felt about the color scheme. 

February 8th, Dear Diary, I'm trying not to get resentful about this whole matter, but it is so hard. I did show Travis a picture of my dress, (without me in it), he loved it! We talked a little bit more today, but we still haven't reached a decision. I'm hoping we can settle on the color scheme before Valentine's day so we can have a wonderful day together. I think we are going to go out to dinner. I'm hoping we'll go for a drive afterwards, or maybe find a place to dance under the full moon. 

February 9th, Dear Diary, We finally had a chance to sit down and discuss this again. I think we will do a royal blue and turquoise mix. It's not what I've always dreamed, but I think it's a good compromise. We are still going with the sea shells and star fish, so I'm happy. Travis is happy to be getting his royal blue. I'm glad we were able to agree on this! 

February 10th, Dear Diary, How on earth am I going to pick out bridesmaid dresses? Selah and Sarah went shopping with me today, yet we couldn't find anything that would look right. Travis brought me a bouquet of flowers today. They were pink roses with baby's breath. Such a pretty combination! Which then reminded me of the wedding! I need to pick out flowers for that too!

February 11th, Dear Diary, Hydrangeas, blue and white! I think those would look pretty for my wedding! It seems like wedding planning is easier than I expected! In some ways, yes it's hard, but it's been pretty easy so far. I can't believe that there is almost exactly 3 months till May 10th, when I'll become Mrs. Travis McCaden. I feel like Travis has a surprise up his sleeve for Valentine's day, but I have yet to figure it out! I suppose I only have to wait a little bit longer. 

February 12th, Dear Diary, It's odd being engaged, yet not having a ring. I suppose it's not important, but I'd really like to be able to show it off! Selah and Sarah have been searching for dresses, and so have I. Some day we shall find the dresses, someday. I just hope that day comes soon! 

February 13th, Dear Diary, I wrote a Valentine to give to Travis tomorrow. I am so glad he's such a patient person, he never gets very irritated or resentful with me. He even offered to go for sea foam green instead of royal blue, but I said, "No, you can have your royal blue, I insist!" It seems so silly to think we argued over something so silly. Someday, it won't even matter, and that's okay!

February 14th, Dear Diary, Happy Valentine's day! Travis gave me, my engagement ring!!! I was so stunned! After he gave it to me, the valentine I made for him, paled in comparison! He truly is a special man! I'm am so excited to marry him in 3 months! For better, for worse, for royal blue or for sea green, he's one of a kind! We danced under the full moon, went out to dinner, and everything was a dream come true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment