Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Temptation of Time

Time.What a temptation it is to waste it! I bought a watch the other day. I absolutely love wearing it! The shiny gold watch with a sleek brown leather band, is memorizing as you watch the seconds tick by. While I currently write this on paper to transfer to my blog later, there is a strong temptation to waste time and energy. I'd really like to chat with a friend online, but between thoughts on wasting time, I'm doing laundry (a way I can use my time better!). Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 tells about time. How there is a time and place for everything. With this watch I've discovered how fast time ticks away...


...a second lost here, a second lost there. The school season is upon me. My time is being filled with many blessings. School, my job, sisters, housework, and more! I could waste it on frivolous things or I could use it wisely. Is chatting with a friend, frivolous? No! On the contrary! Chatting with a friend deepens the bond of your friendship. So why did I choose to sort laundry? Because there is a time for everything. And the time right now would best be spend doing laundry! Use your time wisely so you don't succumb to the temptation of wasting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment