Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Being Thankful No Matter What

My head hurts.
My reading glasses are bugging me.
My head hurts for the umpteenth time.
The slightest noise from the kids sounds like a tuba in my face.
Its kinda gloomy out.
I am tired.
And snappy.


I post things Im thankful for every day. 
Each blessing is a gift from God.
Sometimes its easy to say what Im thankful for when I have an amazing day.
But on days like this it is hard.

Especially when youre dealing with wet affectionate cats who decided to go out and play in the rain.
Or when the kids are playing together, and show you with great loud excitement, the worlds theyve created in their Polly Pocket Land.

And then you remember:

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
{1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV}

I remember the other day, when I was walking from the library, I thought of everything wrong at the moment. 
Yet God reminded me of Philippains 4:11-13.
It was a timely reminder to be content, appreciative, grateful, and thankful for all God has done.

So back to the beginning of my post.

 My head hurts, yet I have medicine to take to help and heal it.
My reading glasses are bugging me, yet I can adjust them a little and read properly with them.
My head hurts for the umpteenth time, yet I have a warm cup of coffee to drink to help soothe it.
The slightest noise from the kids sounds like a tuba in my face, yet they arent arguing and they are keeping themselves contentedly entertained with their Polly Pockets.
Its kinda gloomy out, yet its finally raining and we need the rain desperately.
I am tired, yet I can rest on the porch with my blanket and coffee.
And snappy, yet I can choose to be gentler with my remarks.

God has blessed me, and you, and all of us for that matter!
We need to choose to be thankful, no matter what!



No comments:

Post a Comment