Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sermon Sunday

Kindness.

We went to the Syracuse Chief's final game of the year.

I am really not in to baseball.

But it was fun.

My sister waned to catch a baseball.

We were down by first base. But we never got one.

Then the man next to us said if she went down to where the Rochester Red Wings team was sitting they might give her a baseball.

And they did.



I was and am very happy and proud.
  • Because of their kindness.
  • Because my sister was blessed.
That was the highlight of her life.

Then.

Yes, there is more. 

The kindness spread.

My Grandmother is at the hospital.

We went to visit her.

My Sister brought THE Ball.

And she cheered up my Grandmother's room mate.

From one simple act of kindness, an old baseball, my Grandmother's room mate was cheered.

What an amazing Sunday.

God is good.

2 Peter 1:5-7
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment