Friday, November 14, 2014

Observations of Titus 2 Women in Real-Life



If you've read enough blog posts by Christian women, there's a trending theme: Titus 2 Women. For those of you who don't know what that is, that's when older women reach out to younger women in the Church. It is based off a few verses of Titus 2, Titus 2:3-5 to be exact.

I've done a lot of thinking about this, and while in the land of bloggers, this is a fancy-schmancy thing, it's different in real-life. In the land of bloggers, they place them on pedestals, while in real-life they are humble women who are serving because God has called them to that place.

This past Tuesday, I was able to join a group of women for an evening of fellowship. I honestly felt out of place, as I was the only teen, and with knowing that, the youngest. The majority of the women were at least twice as old as I am. As I knew I'd be rather out of place, I wasn't sure how the evening was going to go. 

I was among the first to arrive, with my Mom. A couple of the ladies were already there, one of them had set out some snacks. Delicious fruit, granola and yogurt, cookies, and other tasty things! I placed my Bible on my chair, and stood there, not sure what to do.

As the other women began to arrive, I really felt out of place. As I stood there observing, I watched as I saw the Titus 2 Women come to life. I've never really seen "it" in real-life. It was just a "thing" from the land of bloggers. As I watched, and yes, eavesdropped, it opened my eyes!

To see women in my Church ask with genuine concern how they, (the other women) were doing, what they have been up to, seeing how their prayers may or may not have been answered, encouraging one another, and just taking the time to fellowship, was so encouraging to me!

It got me thinking, why do we make such a big fuss about Titus 2 Women? Why? Why do we? They are women just like us. Just serving where God has placed them to serve. Some women have this gift, and some do not. God has placed us all in different areas to serve in different ways.

Then I had another thought. When these women are unable to serve, or pass away, who is going to be here to continue to pray and encourage the women in the Church? Myself, and the other young women in my generation! We are truly the next generation. We young women need to start and/or continue to reach out, to pray and encourage, to shine God's love!

Many times it's easy to forget, many times we are unable to, but we need to start now, for someday we'll be the ladies who are setting out some delicious snacks; who are washing the spoons leftover from the fruit, yogurt, and granola; we'll be the ones who set up the chairs; and who will be there to find out how each other is doing.

Here comes the part where I don't want to be misunderstood, or thought to be bragging. I personally love to see where God places me. He always places me where he knows I'm needed, and I just do what he asks. If someone needs prayer, my heart breaks for them until I know the prayer has been answered some way. If someone is having a wonderful day, I rejoice with them for this is yet another day that God has made!

I know this isn't one of my usual posts, but I ask you to think about this. If you are a young woman, I encourage you to pray and ask God how he wants to you serve. If you are a young man, I encourage you to share this with the young women you know, and that you'll take some time to study Titus 2:6-8. 

 And if you ever need someone to pray for you, I'm here for you!

 Matthew 5:16 (ESV)
In the same way, let your light shine before others, 
so that they may see your good works 
and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment