Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Expectations...a reflection on the First Summer of Dating

I basically began dating at the end of spring, beginning of summer; the quasi month of May. This past winter, John and I decided to write a bucket list of ideas just for fun of things we wanted to do this summer when we began dating! Well, as he heads back this weekend for college, I thought about the bucket list, and realized we didn't do much at all which made me rather sad. I pulled up today, and realized just how much we did do! To celebrate the end of my first summer of dating, I'm gonna see how many things we did on my list of 26 things! {Edited to add: One of them I realized was a winter-only thing, so 25 is sliiiiiightly more accurate!}

  1. Beaver Lake! - CHECK! We did this as our first date! We planned on it for foreveeeeeeeeeeeeer!
  2. Spending time together in prayer and God's word! - CHECK! We aim to do this every day over Skype! Skype is awesome by the way!
  3. Go through a devotional together! - Nope! Maybe next year!
  4. Movie nights at either one's house! - CHECK! Lots of movies at my house, and I saw Star Wars 7 (whatever it's called XD) at his!
  5. Dance together! - CHECK! We've attempted this XD It sorta worked
  6. Dance together under the moon! - CHECK! We actually managed to do this too! Again....it sorta worked but not really XD
  7. Picnic at John's camp! - CHECK! I went to his camp on July 2nd to celebrate the 4th of July!
  8. Picnic at Beaver Lake! - CHECK! Did this on the first and only date to Beaver Lake!
  9. Picnic at a park! - This gets 0.5 check mark because we did if you count either Beaver Lake or going to a park with a picnic with my family!
  10. Chimney Bluffs! - Nope! Maybe next year! 
  11. Spending a day at John's camp! - 0.5 if you count half a day for the 4th of July celebration!
  12. Read a book together! - Nope! Maybe next year!
  13. A Sunday drive! - CHECK! Just to the store probably, but we've gone for a ride on Sundays!!
  14. Teach John how to crochet! - Nope! XD Maybe next year ;)
  15. Get ice cream together! - CHECK! Did this a couple times!
  16. Get together with Heidi! - Nope! Maybe next year! <3 
  17. Hike the Canal trail! - Nope! Maybe next year!
  18. Share tea! - I'm gonna say 0.5 because we probably did XD
  19. Pick wildflowers! - Nope! Maybe next year!
  20. Dinner date on July 1st! - CHECK! XD we were both cranky, but we did it anyways! We dressed up and he gave me my first bouquet of flowers which I've hung to dry <3
  21. Fireworks! - CHECK! I love watching him enjoy fireworks! <3
  22. Sunrise/Sunset picnic - 0.5 because it sorta counts when we went to his camp!
  23. Lights on the Lake - well.........this is winter XD soooooo it's not included in this
  24. Date at Red Lobster - Nope! Maybe some other time!
  25. Date at Panera - CHECK! We went to Panera twice! Once to meet a friend, and then on the 1st for dinner because we changed our minds last minute.
  26. Date at Barnes and Noble to browse (and a place of John's choice afterwards!) - Nope! But we better do this next summer XD I love Barnes and Noble ;)
Soooooooooooooooo to tally it all up!

14 out of the 26 we accomplished! 
1 was impossible since it's not Christmas time XD
And that leaves 11!!!

Our most popular date that we had was going to Walmart! XD Don't question why, but we always had fun just window shopping or finding presents for people! Another one we did was to Wegmans (the picture below) which is the same genre. 


And lastly, the second most popular date we had this summer was play games and watching Star Trek together! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment