Thursday, August 11, 2016

On Butterflies and Caterpillars (a guest post)


{Melissa M.}

Caterpillars. All they do is crawl around on the ground and eat. It takes forever for them to get anywhere.

Butterflies. Transformed, new, free. They can flutter above things, dancing in the air, not having to plod around on the ground.

My mom told me a bit about how God was teaching her about a particular butterfly. As she was sitting on a rock one morning, her attention was directed to a bright, yellow butterfly. She saw it easily flutter over a fence, dancing in the air without any cares. She thought about caterpillars, and how they can only crawl along on the ground, and how it would take such a very long time for a caterpillar to scale a fence! When living in defeat, we can be like that caterpillar, just plodding along through the trials, but God has a better way.

One day recently my Grandpa fell. He’s done that twice recently, and one of the times he had to go to the hospital. I was sitting out on our front porch swing when I lifted my eyes and saw that same beautiful butterfly hanging around by my cousin’s tree. I was reminded that it’s possible to soar even above the harder trials.

Just this week, the butterfly again fluttered over our family’s camping trailer. We’re getting ready to go on a trip, and the butterfly was once again a reminder that we can soar with Jesus above any trials that may come during it.

The Holy Spirit is able to help us soar even when things really hurt. If we let Him, He can show us things we’ve never dreamed possible and help us to be more like Christ, even in the middle of it all. And in the end, He’ll make all things beautiful.

“He has made everything beautiful in His time…” Ecclesiastes 3:11

“God works all things out for good, to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

---------------------------------------

My name is Melissa Morgan, and I am a 15 year old Christian who loves writing, praying, and being with those who love Jesus. I enjoy talking about what God is doing, getting to know people better, and hearing whatever God has to say. I also love dancing and singing, and spending good quality time with friends and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment