Saturday, August 25, 2012

Clutter

I think everyone despises that word.

Everyone has clutter.

Admit it!

I have been non stop busy to keep clutter down.

I never noticed how much I despise it until I started cleaning the house to get ready for my baby sister.

Between toys, laundry, books, and supplies, and more it just becomes one big mess!

Note: We have been caught up on laundry, the whole house. Now we just have to find a place to store laundry baskets! ;~)

My goals have been to cut back on clutter, in fact a lot of people have that goal.

I recently cleaned my room; I share with my 2 year old sister.

I cleared out half a garbage bag of stuff under my dresser and one corner. Not much can fit under that dresser.

The library was cleared of 2 bags of junk we will never use for crafts.

It is tough for me to toss, I get sentimentally attached to things.

I have a hug box of papers I am attached to. I will never get rid of it, too many memories.

Anyways, clutter is a big issue, and I was enjoying a sweet clean house.....

........then the clutter monster creeps in on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over house and garage
on silent haunches
and then moves on. (Carl Sandburg [my version] :~)


Not. 

It does not.

I repeat does NOT leave. 

Unless I put it away. 

Everyone complains, I never have time. 

Get off the computer.

Surprise your Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Spouse, Roommate, Children, Friends, and do something about it! 

The stairs in our house is the worst offender, piano bench comes a close second followed by everything else... 

I did something about it. I cleared everything off except the stair baskets. 



We have the M&L's room basket, with baby T things. 

And we have the S&G basket.

We also have a rule. And it is working. 




When you go up at nap-time or bedtime the basket must be empty and everything put away. 

That was a week ago and I was the worst offender! (I didn't put the extra sweater away). 

My next project.... hmm.... 

The two 36" baskets filled and over flowing with coats no one fits, uses at the moment, and becomes socks and stuff dumping ground. It won't make the computer/office room cleaner but it will help! :~)

What will you tackle?

(I am just as busy as you! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment