Monday, August 27, 2012

Skirts and dresses

This is an amazingly hard subject to type about.

Sometime this summer, I made a decision to wear skirts and dresses.

I feel modest.

I feel feminine.

I feel right.

I don't like the way pants fit. They aren't comfy.

I feel like I am freer to move around.




I take ballet. I wear a leotard and tights.

I don't mind wearing it, but I feel better when I wear the costume or skirt.

For swimming, I wear a wetsuit. I don't like being in a 1 piece swim suit. I don't feel modest.

This is a personal preference.

My Mom and sisters wear shorts.

Not all homeschoolers wear skirts.

It is my preference and I am satisfied with it.

I have been thought as Amish.

But despite that, I still wear skirts.

I feel closer to God sometimes.


1 Peter 3:2-4
When they see the purity and reverence of your lives. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

That is my aim, I may stand out sometimes, and wearing a skirt reminds me of that.

What is your choice? I want to hear all sides about this. 

2 comments:

  1. I went on a mission trip this past summer to Guatemala so I had to wear skirts nearly that entire week, which changed my view a lot. I had always seen skirts as restrictive and just generally worse than pants or shorts, but since then I've really enjoyed wearing them. Like you talked about, they make me feel (and act more) feminine and pretty, they are comfortable, and very wearable. I still do wear pants, but I've been wearing long skirts much more frequently, and have gotten several new ones that I love recently. I've been wearing only skirts since Christmas Eve, so for a week now, and I want to wear only skirts until the end of January - as a sort of resolution. Just to try it out, and because I can. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I'm glad some one else thinks the same way! That is a great resolution. I just want to add I wear skirts all the time but I do where pants to wear under snow-pants for sledding, then I switch back. By the way, you are the first to comment on my blog! Thank you!!!

      Delete