Monday, August 20, 2012

My 3 spiritual goals

This past week, I fasted. Not from food.....but from email. Emailing is MY Facebook. I needed a break. I used it very sparingly this week, hoping for not at all.....but I did have important things to use it for, e.g. teaching Sunday school. I had 3 goals:
  1. Servant leadership....still in the working progress but getting better at it!
  2. Deprivation....Deprive myself from something, e.g. my email.
  3. Umbrella....An umbrella of [blank].....I used patience, and kindness.
Servant leadership:

Proverbs 15:13
A happy hear makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

I needed to find happiness, though I was aiming for joy!

Altum Gadium - Deep joy

It is a command of sorts from Paul,

1 Thessalonians 5:16
Be joyful always.

I started making a list of 1000 things over the course of the week, that make me smile. I got to about 160 on day 3. On day 4, I forgot.

I have only lost my temper a few times this week! Praise the Lord!

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

I am also smiling more....it was a little thought provoking last Sunday, I believe, when one of my little sisters asked why I never smile!

Deprivation:

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is you spiritual act of worship.
Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

That is pretty self explanatory.

And that is what I did. Gave up the ways of the world (email), and I feel transformed by renewing my mind.

Umbrella:

I prayed every, if almost every, night and still will, that God will make an umbrella of the Fruits of the spirits, over me.

Galatians 5:22-23a
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

This week has helped in molding my character.....  

My journey has just begun! 








No comments:

Post a Comment