Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Journey of Becoming a Young Woman of Faith - #8 Big Sister

Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
    when it is in your power to do it.

As big sisters we are faced with decisions about using our time. We can use it wisely with our siblings and a wee bit of me time or we can use it for ourselves and have a wee bit of family time. We often focus on ourselves instead of others which leaves us with cranky siblings. We are then withholding good from our siblings. When we show the love and kindness they are more ready to listen. This will be short, sweet and to the point. I'm not going to elaborate as usual. If you are able to do anything for or with your siblings: do it! 

I challenge you to do something like what I'm about to do. I'm about to go play a board game with my sisters. I've found when I do something like a board game they are happier, focused and in a way more willing to listen. Serve your siblings a slice of your time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment