Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Journey of Becoming a Young Woman of Faith - #10 Homemaker


Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.


{This devotion is different so hang with me!}


As a homemaker I do many things. Join me as I do the laundry.


It is quiet; in some ways. I am preparing to hang up dresses and skirts. I walk around the house rounding up the hangers. My sister is working on her homework with Mom while the little 3 play in the living room. 


Soon I have handfuls of hangers. Each one is different than the one before. 


I pile them on my bed. The colors are bright and cheerful. In the stillness of my room. I savor the moment. 


 The camera is nearby so I grab it. The natural light shines on them creating a mosaic. I hear the gentle chatter downstairs.


As I slip each dress or skirt on a hanger I try to make sure that they coordinate with the dress or skirt that is going on it.


 I'm working along when I stopped and thought about the verse I was considering for today. In the quiet of my room it clicked.


We are like the hangers, each different in size, shape, and color. Yet they are for the same purpose.


We are each different in size, shape, and color. Yet we are all for the same purpose. We all work together to serve God by serving others. 


I challenge you to serve God by serving others in a unique way today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment