Thursday, April 17, 2014

Skirts: my thoughts and why I wear them

 

So I'm guessing if you are reading this, you've heard all the possible reasons that people wear skirts. Modesty, humility, to please God, and so on and so forth. Now I want to say right now: I am not judging anyone who chooses to wear them for those reasons, nor am I judging you for not wearing them. When I started this blog over a year and a half ago, I did a post on wearing skirts. The above reasons were my reasons for wearing skirts. My Mom wears pants, my sisters wear pants. If I'm doing something that absolutely requires them, I wear them (for example: sledding, airplane riding, and hiking through thickets ;). Usually I wear a tunic shirt with it, and I feel comfortable enough to wear them for the time I need them. Am I opposed to them? Not at all! Some ladies love wearing jeans! Most of my friends feel comfortable in them and look perfectly lovely! I just choose to wear skirts. Now you may ask, why do you wear them, then?

My original reasons were modesty, humility, "feeling right", femininity, and I wanted to be like them. The super awesome people that homeschooled and wore skirts. If you think about it, that's a really lame lame lame reason! Recently I was thinking about it and I asked myself, why do I wear them? I thought about it, and couldn't figure it out! So I gave it more thought, and here is the reason.
I wear them simply because they are my clothes. 
Yes they are modest, yes they are feminine, but I wear them simply because they are my clothes. I have several cute skirts (like my birthday one, above) and I love wearing them! They are comfy, pretty, and fun to wear! I would never judge you for wearing jeans, and I would never judge you for wearing skirts. Those are the clothes you have!

Tomorrow I'm going to share with you some things I've learned about wearing skirts.

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good reason! Maybe I should try it sometime when I'm asked why I wear skirts... Very nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete