Friday, April 18, 2014

Skirts: things I've learned about them


Yesterday I posted the reason why I wear skirts
Today I'm going to talk about things I've learned about and while wearing them.

One of the things I've learned is: if it is a windy day, do NOT wear a long full skirt. You will either have issues with it, or get blown away (I know this from experience). Another thing I've learned, observed and heard, is depending on the type of work, skirts can be a hindrance. That is pretty much is self-explanatory. 
 
Skirts can also be thought of as "cool". I have had a few people tell me that they are "awesome" and that they are "cool to be different." A current clothing trend is the maxi skirt. They are usually long, feminine, quite graceful, and in style. Because they are in style, skirt wearing is not completely old-fashioned.

 The most interesting thing I've learned while wearing skirts is respect that is garnered. Respect may seem like a thing of the past, but it is still relevant today. I have had several young men respect and treat me differently than other young ladies because of the skirts I've worn. (Once again I will say, I will not judge you if you wear pants). I had a young man once tell me that when ladies wear skirts, he finds it easier to focus on the lady he is talking to. I thought about what he said and found that it was very true. 
 
Now you may think I'm trying to convict people, but I'm not. I'm just honestly stating things I've learned. I must also add that I have not brought bible verses into these posts because quite often they are used out of context or they come across sounding hypocritical. If you have any questions, comments, small animals or gardening tips, feel free to leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. You put this post VERY graciously. I admire that you want to be modest (not to mention that skirt is really cute!) Thanks for posting and God bless. - +Becca Jefferson

    ReplyDelete