Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Trust God Always



Sometimes it's hard to trust God. We turn to the world, to our friends, to our money, and to our "love life" for consolation during tough times. And by doing so, we forget we have an awesome God who has created everything. 

Recently my friend was really upset. Over a year ago she had a broken headlight on the car she was driving. She was pulled over, warned, and ordered to have to fixed as soon as she got home. She took care of it, sent in paperwork and it was resolved. Just a few days ago she got a letter saying that they never received the paperwork. She told me what had happened, and was clearly upset. I told her I'd pray about it with her. A few hours later she told me that she had forgotten to trust God and talk to him about her problems. When she realized and remembered that he had everything under control, she felt peace and was able to trust God. 

I've had several friends come to me recently, for advice and prayer. I will tell you this: I'm always willing to talk and pray with you, but never forget that God is always there. He's always in control. He's always there with open arms, waiting for you fall back into his unfathomable love, mercy, and grace. Don't let the worries of the world stop you from trusting in God. He'll be there for every problem, for every heartache, for every eensy-weensy sniffle, and every terrible disease. 

Proverbs 3:5-6
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment