Thursday, July 17, 2014

His Feet - A Poem

Today's guest post is from my lovely friend Natalie. She wrote this poem, and graciously let me share it with you all!


His Feet
By: Natalie Knodel :-D

I will only see his feet
Yes...that is all I'll see

I will not see His hands, His arms,
His eye's looking down at me

Not His scars, not His mouth
No...just His feet

I will not see his hands,
His strong yet gentle hands

The hands that touched the untouchable
That flipped the selling stands

The hands that gave sight, the wiped the leper's spots
That broke the holy bread

The ones that calmed the storm,
That blessed the children's heads

No...it's his feet that will be first seen
As my Lord and Savior stands before me

I will not see his arms
The one's that paid the price

The one's that were outstretched on the cross
That put up without a fight

I will not see His eyes, 
Whatever color they may be

The eyes that see all my faults
But still chooses to see me

I will not see his scars
From the nails on his wrists

Or the puncture in his side,
 or the scars from the whips

I will not see his mouth
His mouth that preached the word

The one that spoke of soon to come
Making sure that all had heard

The one that spoke, "Follow me"
Or, "Pick up your mat and walk"

The one that spoke in parables,
Or said, "Lazarus come out"

The one that casted out demons
Who set the captives free

The one who shouted... "IT IS FINISHED!"
...But this is not what I'll see

First and only, first only see Jesus' feet 

When I first see him
I won't be able to stand

I'll fall flat on my face
Trembling with head in hands

Then slowly I'll open my eyes
And that's when I'll understand

Exactly what his feet represent
And how they help unfold his plan

 I'll see the feet that walked the earth
To show how much he cared

The feet that walked on water
And were washed by Mary's hair.

Then slowly, very slowly
He'll bring me to my feet

Then and only then, I'll see his hands, his arms, his scars, his mouth
And obviously his feet.

I'll look into his eyes
And hear him softly

"Welcome home my child"
"You are home to stay"

2 comments: