Thursday, July 24, 2014

Learning in Ecuador

 Today's guest post is from a friend that went on a mission's trip to Ecuador. My friend wrote this in her journal while she was there.



Monday, July 6, 2014

I can't believe I'm leaving Ecuador tomorrow. This has been one of the best trips ever. I love the children, the workers the people, but we have to leave tomorrow morning. Something I've learned from this trip is that God will provide, but in his time. I was super stressed out, thinking about me and N needing to get the money, then when A and K joined I got even more worried and with L on top of that, I just didn't know how we would ever get the money to go. Then I got worried that our planes wouldn't make it, we wouldn't be able to get in due to our passports not working, and all the other little things like making sure each and every one of our 17 suitcases got into Quito fine.

But God has sen us through it all. Even the language barrier, the feeling of being left out it was all fine. God worked it out and I had no reason to worry about anything at all. A has been the animation, K has been the laughter, and L, God bless you girlie, she's been the nurse who has helped each and every one of us girls who have gotten sick. God knew that I would need each and every girl on this trip, for the encouragement, the love, the joy and the friendship they have given me over the past seven days.

I'm glad I came. While I can see myself working at an orphanage like this one in the future, I know that God wants me home right now and I'm alright with that. All I need to do right now is trust him, knowing he is going to provide, but in his time and his way. All I need to do is pick up the rocks and let him do the rest....okay, so maybe I do need to keep up with him, letting him work in my life and not hardening it or turning away from him. God is good and enough, my all in everything I do. He's never going to leave me or forsake me, nor will he ever pretend to be someone he is not. God is good all the time and I can take comfort in that.

You know, before I left Sunday last week, I was having an emotional time. I wasn't eating well, I was nervous (of course) and worried and then people started giving us hugs telling us goodbye and that's when the tears came. Then during worship I just couldn't sing. But M, (love you girlie!) tossed me a note that said, “Hebrew 13:5­6 “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be contend with what you have because God has said, 'never will I leave you, never will I forsake you' so we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.What can man do to me?'”

God as never left me. He never turned his back on me, he's been right here, by my side, helping me even as I think I'm alone. It's such an encouragement especially as I feel a little left out, or alone, I can remind myself that God will never leave me. He's had his hand on me, on this trip, the whole time and I've seen him work through us girl, especially myself, through this trip. It's such a blessing and I'm really, really, really glad I came to Ecuador and didn't let my selfishness or sadness stop me from disobeying God.

­- H

No comments:

Post a Comment