Thursday, July 10, 2014

Valuing Life: Beginning to End

Our guest post today is from the lovely Eden. She is 15 years old and enjoys studying God's Word, spending time with family and friends, dancing, singing, and much more! You can visit her blog at:


Life... the very word brings so many pictures, thoughts, and ideas into my mind.  One of these thoughts would, of course, be my life. I have one amazing family consisting of seven awesome brothers and sisters and two incredible parents.  I also have lots of fun cousins, aunts and uncles, and dear grandparents.
As I look over my family tree, I see a picture of a generational, pro-life family, who has always valued life, from conception to life’s completion.

All of this reminded me of the quippy Dr. Seuss quote, “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”* But to me, it seems like something is missing from that quote... something that we are going to discover in just a moment.

Life is defined by the one who created it... God.  Life begins at conception and continues until God decides that time is up.

Sadly, many people today do not believe that life is a precious gift; they don’t seem to understand that life is a blessing from the Lord. Unfortunately, from times past until now, we have seen the destruction and devaluing of human life through abortion, extermination, and euthanasia.

All around us, innocent lives are being purposefully killed and eradicated.
People are deceived and tricked... they do not see that every stage of life, from the womb to the end, is absolutely priceless.  Lisa Wingate quotes, “...Every child, no matter how tiny in the womb, must be welcomed into the world, for each child is a gift of love from God. Therefore, abortion is never the answer, for abortion kills.”* Nobel prize-winning author, Pearl S. Buck says,“Euthanasia is a long, smooth-sounding word, and it conceals its danger as long, smooth words do but the danger is there, nevertheless.”* Just like abortion and extermination, euthanasia is murder as well.

Now, looking back at Dr. Seuss’s quote, I would add, “A person’s a person, no matter how small... or big.”  Life is a miracle and a tremendous gift from God. We see this in Psalm 139:14 which says, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” We are knit together in our mother's womb, formed by the very hand and in the image of God Almighty! That is indescribable!!!

We have, are, and will always be in a battle for life.  So in closing, I urge you to continue the fight for the gift of life... to publicize to the world that life is incomparable, and therefore, we must always value it; from beginning to end.


Footnotes:
*“Horton Hears a Who!” By, Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment