Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Be Still

I never like talking about my personal time with God while I'm praying or studying the Bible, but I wanted to share something special with you all.


For the past few days, I've had to get up at 6am. It's been rather lovely watching the world awaken. Yesterday, I had the brilliant idea of grabbing my prayer journal and using the time before the girlies wake up to spend some time in prayer. Last night I decided I'd do the same today, as it was rather nice to be uninterrupted and it would be a perfect time to do so. So this morning I grabbed my prayer journal, and this morning I grabbed my Bible as well. I decided I'd sit on the couch, and my kitty came up & curled up next to me. He was a slight pest, but it was nice nevertheless, because I was freezing! I was about to turn on the light so I could actually see, and I paused by the window. The sky was just starting to lighten, and it was breathtakingly beautiful! As I was standing there thinking to myself, how quiet and still it was out there, Psalm 46:10 in my head. The first part actually. "Be still and know that I am God." I just stood there and was amazed....then I thought to myself, hmmm, I'll read Psalm 46. So I did. Then I spent some time in prayer, and had a lovely start to my morning. 
 
 
Later this morning, I had someone who needed prayer. I went upstairs to the top of the stairs where the sun was streaming. Usually when I go to the stairs, I'm at the bottom, but the sun was beckoning me. (Anne of Green Gables moment) If I'm not able to go to my room, I like to sit on the stairs as it's a quiet place. As I was kneeling there in prayer, I could feel the sun on my back, and I turned around and the window was just beautiful! The sun was streaming in and everything was aglow in the warm sunlight! Again, I heard the words, "Be still and know that I am God." Twas a wonderful morning to say the least.
 
 
This afternoon was a bit stressing, but as I walked to dance tonight, the moon just set the world aglow with it's shimmering light. I paused a minute to gaze at the stars and the moon, and again, I could just feel the words, "Be still and know that I am God."


When I returned home from dance this evening, I grabbed the camera and headed back outside so I could observe the sky. As I stared up at the sky, I whispered softly to myself, "Be still and know that I am God." 
 
God is the I AM. He says:
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" - John 14:6
"I am the Vine" - John 15:5
"I am the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11
"I am the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25
"I am the Bread of Life" - John 6:35
"I am the Light of the World" - John 8:12

Even in the midst of a busy day, God is there. He is the I AM. (Exodus 3:14) And when I've stressed out today, or gotten frustrated about something, those words have softly come to me like a gently whisper.

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful verse and great message, Moriah! Sometimes we just need to stand still and watch God work. He is so much more powerful than we are, and He specializes in the impossible. He likes to show us that, yes, He is God, and He loves and cares about us. Lovely photos; thank you for sharing your inspiring thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, but this is one of the cases in which it's God's doing. :~) God is soo good!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Simply beautiful! Please come share this and more of your lovely posts at somuchathome.blogspot.com. I hope you will share your posts at So Much At Home each week. I am glad I found your beautiful blog!
    God bless.
    Chris
    So Much At Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words! I'm not always able to do the link-ups as life can get busy, but if I can, I will! Have a wonderful day! :~)

      Delete