Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How can you Pray for the Girls in your Life?

I've been meaning to finish up this series and it's been 2 months since I last wrote a post for it! I'm hoping to have it finished up by next week!


For this part of the series, I asked my girlies what they usually need prayer for most:

Guys and the emotions that go with them
God's direction
Worry
Attitude
Confidence
Strength
Self image
Health
Arguing
Self control
Obedience cheerfully
Procrastination
To be closer to God/Hungering for God/Staying strong in God's faith

Each of these things are daily struggles and when you pray for, pray with them, it is such an encouragement!

"Knowing that someone is praying for me, usually brings me a peace, knowing I'm not in it alone."

"I feel stronger."

"I would feel stronger. It really tends to help me when I know that someone cares enough to pray for me in a hard situation. It is effected in a positive way. I tend to be able to say no to myself easier, and it gives me joy."

"I'd love it if someone was praying for these things. It makes me feel loved and it also makes me feel like I'm not alone in my struggles. It's a great feeling to know that someone is on the sidelines rooting for you and praying for you. When someone is praying hard for me, I can see it. Loads start to feel lighter and my prayers start to slowly get answered. Whether it's a yes or a no to a prayer, it'll still be answered in some way. Sometimes it takes a while, but something always happens. Sometimes I'm shown the purpose for a situation or I'm given more wisdom. Prayer always works in the way it's supposed to for that situation."

Now, one of them gave an interesting point, and I'd like you to think about this carefully. When you pray for someone, it should be done in a loving-kind way. Don't pray for, pray with. Praying for is when you're asking God 'for' something and/or on behalf of the other person. Praying with is when you are both praying in agreement for the same thing.

"I think my attitude on people praying for me changes with the person who is doing the praying. If, say, a person I find to be self-righteous or hypocritical is praying for my faults to be absolved, I might not truly appreciate their prayer. More likely, it would completely get on my nerves; however, if I truly have a relationship with the person and know that they will not hold my faults against me in a "I am holier than thou" type of way, then the prayer is greatly appreciated, much wanted, and much needed."

Prayer is so important. Take time today to pray for the girls in your life. Tell them you're praying for and with them. And as I said, it's such an encouragement to know someone is praying for you.

Galatians 6:2 (ESV)
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Daily question: Am I now trying to win the approval of men or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men. I would not be a servant of Christ.

    Daily desire: Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desire of your heart.

    Daily goal: You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

    Daily prayer: Father, anything is possible through you.... Not my will, but Your's be done.

    Daily dilemma: The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

    Daily orders: Here is what I am commanding you to do. Do not be frightened. Do not lose hope. I am the LORD your God I will be with you everywhere you go.

    Daily Comfort: The LORD your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

    ReplyDelete