Thursday, October 4, 2012

Inadequate: A sequel to Mr. Rogers' Words of Wisdom

Do you ever feel inadequate?

I sometimes do.

When someone else impresses you, do you feel inadequate beside them?

Do you ever feel inadequate when you see someone living the way you want to?

Or they have the kid of clothes you want?

Or they see you as someone that the want to be?

Do you ever feel inadequate?

I do.

When I am jealous. Lonely. Sad. Angry. Self-absorbed. That is when I feel inadequate.

Inadequate for the job God placed me on earth to be.

My job on earth is to

Glorify our heavenly Father
Be the best big sister for my 4 "followers"
To reach out and cheer up people through my gift of dancing at nursing homes in this area


That is when I feel inadequate. 

The definition of inadequate is;
Inapt, incompetent; incommensurate; defective, imperfect, incomplete. 

And I am not.

I have a heavenly Father you can strengthen me. Sweep me off my feet and tell me, you are more than sufficient to do x, y, or z.

Everyone needs to remember that. 

I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment