Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wacky Wednesday!

This week's wacky Wednesday is wacky because:

Here is Munchie Monday & Tutorial Tuesday!

Munchie Monday: Green Tomato relish, (no really, is yummy)!

We made 2 half recipes with things out of our garden (tomatoes and peppers).


  • 3 tablespoons mustard seed
  1. In a grinder or food processor, coarsely grind tomatoes, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and onions. (You may need to do this in batches.) Line a large colander with cheesecloth, place in sink or in a large bowl, and pour in tomato mixture to drain for 1 hour.
  2. In a large, non-aluminum stockpot, combine tomato mixture, celery seed, mustard seed, salt, sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
  3. Sterilize enough jars and lids to hold relish (12 one-pint jars, or 6 one-quart jars). Pack relish into sterilized jars, making sure there are no spaces or air pockets. Fill jars all the way to top. Screw on lids.
  4. Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with boiling water. Carefully lower jars into pot using a holder. Leave a 2 inch space between jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary, until tops of jars are covered by 2 inches of water. Bring water to a full boil, then cover and process for 30 minutes.
  5. Remove jars from pot and place on cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press top of each lid with finger, ensuring that seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Relish can be stored for up to a year. You can also freeze some in zip lock bags! 
My Mom loves having relish... she is allergic to cucumbers, this is so similar no one would know the difference. 

Another thing to do with excess tomatoes!



Tutorial Tuesday: T-shirt skirt!

I made one for the 6 year old, and she loves it!

I used a Hanes Men's Adult Large pale pink shirt.

I chopped off the bottom straight across from under one sleeve to the other.

Then I pinned over a inch, (left a spot for the elastic) and sewed a 3/4 inch (or so) single stitch from the edge.

Then I fished the elastic through and sewed the elastic together. 

Last I sewed up the "hole" and Voila! 

My sister loves it!! :~D

If my tutorial makes no sense, Google it. I did it with out a pattern/tutorial...just grabbed the memory of my Grandma making one and worked from that. :~D

UPDATE: http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/shirt-skirt-and-headband-tutorial/

Wacky Wednesday:

For those of you who know me. This is TOTALLY RANDOM!!!

I painted my toenails blue (well my Mom did it for me....close enough).

Yup, they are a dark blue. :~D

I decided to do something random yesterday.


{Pardon the feet, between walking around the house barefoot, and dancing, they aren't purty! ;~) But my toenails are!!!}

Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment