Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I needed to hear

I am taking a fast from email this week.



Which is hard, because that is how I access my blog, through email.

I do this every now and then. It really refreshes my outlook through God's word and how I see and chat with my friends.

Email is my form of communication. No Facebook, no cell phone, no texting, no Twitter.

I wanted to write a blog post.

Why, I have no clue.

I pulled up my email to access my blog.

And I saw I had a new blog entry to read from "A Holy Experience", written by the author of "One Thousand Gifts".

And I read it.

And her post talked about something I am dealing with.

PERFECTIONISM

I have a pendulum.

It swings one way: I AM IN PERFECTIONIST MODE
It swings another:   I AM IN WHO CARES MODE

I try to do one or the other. And I am never happy where I am. And then it struck me.

I am fine.

I help out around the house.

I help my Mom.

And then I think.....

:~D ....the rain is falling. But the Son is shining!

I had no clue what to write.

But now I do.

I am going to write my goals.

  1. Continue my skim through the Bible, reading about God's holy women.
  2. Straighten the library like I promised Mom.
  3. Start my French book. And do some math.
  4. Think of dinner, because its been a long day for Mom.
  5. Work on repairing an antique blanket.
  6. Take costumes to the dance studio. 
  7. Work on my clothes of Compassion, Kindness, Humility, Gentleness, Patience, and Love. (Colossians 3:12&14)
  8. Have a tea party with my sisters. 

I have nothing to worry about. 

If my bed isn't perfectly made, the cat who was sleeping on it won't care, that is okay.
If my sisters aren't perfect, that is okay. 
If my outfit isn't perfect, that is okay. 
If my hair isn't perfect, that is okay. 

HAVE A MARVELOUS RAINY DAY! THE SON IS SHINING! 


No comments:

Post a Comment