Saturday, October 6, 2012

Silly Saturday: Fortune cookie saga

While frying onions, I decided to have a fortune cookie.

Sounded simple. We had plenty extra.

I opened it. 

"Only tears can bring a dreamer back to earth."

(I wish I had been dreaming when this occurred). 

My cookie was STALE! :~(

I threw it out and got another.

"You will have a happier day."

(I hope so. A stale fortune cookie could ruin my day!)

It was soft AND stale. :~(

I got another. 

"Oops... wrong cookie."

(NO JOKE)

It was also stale.



I was still frying onions and I WANTED A FORTUNE COOKIE!!!

So I got a 4th.

"There is someone owing many thanks to you."

(For what? Getting rid of stale fortune cookies??)

It was awful.

So cookie no. 5 came along. 

"He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good."

Now I wanted to laugh. 

Especially because it was disgusting......

So I decided since the onions I was frying were almost ready for the potatoes....this would be my last.

I opened it.

Gently broke it open.

Carefully tasted it....

IT WAS YUMMY!

"The secret of success is constancy of purpose."

My fortune cookie saga. 



(Surprisingly we still have more.... :~D)

No comments:

Post a Comment