Monday, March 27, 2017

March Musings - Day 26










Rest. Quiet my soul and rest. That's what I did today. After the hustle and bustle of a busy month, I rested. Its hard for me to rest well. Usually I get guilted and stressed by my to do list, or try but don't rest well because of worry. One of the most important, and subsequently hardest, things to remember is this: Jesus rested. He withdrew to quiet places and rested, by doing so was able to serve those around him more effectively. What a good example for us when we are tired out. It is a lesson I am currently working through. And to be honest, it is hard. But yet I've noticed it never ceases to work well as after I stop and break, I get more done in the long run than if I tried to do it we Im tired. I encourage you to try this next time you get bogged down with life. God is our strength and our shield!

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment