Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March Musings - Intro & Day 1

It's March, the month of Irish Dancing, Shamrock Shakes, St. Patrick's day, and Leprechauns. March is the lull between winter and spring, between gray and vivid color. It's a time of change, of renewal, of growth. It's a month that is unique from every other. So my challenge for myself this month is to have a March Musings. Musings everyday about this, that, and the other thing. Whatever I'm musing about for the day, I shall muse. So do a jig, grab a shake, dance, and make-believe with me, as we go on a musing adventure through March! 

------------------------------------------


Today I called John over on a whim. The weather was gorgeous, perfect for a walk. So for a walk we went! The whole time we were out, I had this hymn on my mind:


Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.
What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.


The song was encouraging to have stuck in my head. I needed the reminder! It was quite a lovely walk, and we raced back outside a short while later to catch the sunset. A great way to start the month of March!








No comments:

Post a Comment