Thursday, March 9, 2017

March Musings - Day 9

I walked outside this evening, and the most refreshing cool air hit me. It washed over me like the moonlight shining through a cloudy sky.


I can sense in the air the coming of spring. The air feels lighter, different, and while it's still cold, it isn't the bitter winter cold. The moonlight is flooding every nook and cranny as if to say, don't lose hope! Spring is on it's way! Sunshine is coming! Sunshine and a warm day for a walk sounds absolutely wonderful, yet at the same time, snow and bitter cold do as well. I'm looking forward to clinging to the last fleeting days of this winter before embracing the warmth and rain of spring. I love each season, despite the rain or snow or shine. I love the moon, the way the cool beams flow over the shadowy trees and then arcs around as if to make a giant smile. I love the way the stars twinkle in the winter. Soon my favorite starry friends, the Pleiades, shall bid me adieu until next time. Yet in the spring, we can spread out a blanket and star gaze sans mosquitoes or picnic in the moonlight!

Two verses regarding the sky come to mind:

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."
Psalm 19:1 (ESV)
(The sky is so beautiful tonight!!)

"Like a moon it shall be established forever, a faithful witness in the skies."
Psalm 89:37 (ESV)
(This verse always comes to mind when the moon is out and I'm with John...the first time he said I love you in person was under a golden moon...talk about sweetness!)

Enjoy the end of winter nights...soon they will be gone, so grab some cocoa and a good book, or popcorn and a movie. Soon the spring nights will be here, ready for walks and star gazing, campfires and smores!

No comments:

Post a Comment